Thursday, April 7, 2016

Packing

Next week I will be going to France for the Quilt Expo in Beaujolais and so I have begun getting things ready. I will be there with the International Threads exhibition that we first showed in Prague last year. But this time I won't have Kathy Loomis to carry half the exhibition, but some quilts aren't here with me. I won't be traveling lightly!




Only in terms of my personal items! And I will also be there as the SAQA regional representative, SAQA is showing the "Two by Twenty" exhibition, which I am really looking forward to.

I've signed a contract and am now a contributor to the German Patchwork Guild's magazine. This is going to an interesting experience, but writing comes easily, so it will be more of a challenge to find topics to write about than actually writing it up. All a matter of getting organized, I guess.
Yesterday I learned that the studio space I was going to move to with the longarm and that I had really been looking forward to is not going to be available after all. The current resident has realized that she is paying pitifully little for this space, and that any move into town is going to cost her so much more, so she is not moving out. And I can't move in. Which is quite a disappointment. I will have to keep listening to my husband's remarks about how the longarm makes our books and board games rather inaccessible. And it is really tightly fitted into that room - it would have been such a relief to be able to get to the back side of it without having to crawl under it. But perhaps something else will come up. Just it's going to be that much more expensive...

5 comments:

  1. Have a good show, Uta! And well done for signing to write for the magazine.
    I will pray for you to get just the right studio for the longarm...maybe with a wet room for the dyeing so you don't have to go up and down stairs? ;-)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet of you, Sandy. Anything that fancy is bound too be much too expensive, so I think just something for the longarm would be exactly what I need. Actually, I don't mind going up and down the stairs for dyeing - it gives the day a rhythm, and me some exercise, too. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
  2. Well, I sure wish I were going with you to France! I would even be happy to carry half of the quilts again. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how much fun it would be to have you come along - without a cold to knock you out, that is!

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate you taking the quilts, hope to help out another time when we're more settled after our move

    ReplyDelete