Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Found Art in Ste. Marie-aux-Mines

I must admit, I kind of lied when I said 'back after four weeks of traveling', because I took off pretty much straight away again to go to the European Patchwork Meeting in Ste. Marie-aux-Mines in France. A long drive by car because of an interrupted train service with substitute bussind that I did not want to deal with, and then four days with many meetings, many impressions, many interesting quilts. This year I was definitely more impressed with the quality of exhibitions on display than last year. Hopefully the festival is on the way to consolidation after the turnover of management, which was not exactly easy two years ago. However, when I don't get around to posting something during a festival like that I figure it doesn't really make much sense posting a few days afterwards. I'd rather show some pictures of found art. Although I think probably by now I have photographed just about anything that could qualify as found art in Ste. Marie that can be found... and perhaps several times. I saw a car parked on the side of the road which had some interesting patterns of growth on the windshield and which I am pretty sure I photographed last year already, and I doubt whether it had been moved once since I last went by...





 

 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment